Address_space_operations write_begin vs prepare_write ?

Kunal Baweja bawejakunal15 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 10:28:23 EST 2015

Hi, I am new to kernel coding and right now trying to implement address
space operations on top of WrapFS. I noticed that the
address_space_operations declaration has a field write_begin where I was
expecting prepare_write. Is it just a change of name with newer versions of
kernel or is there some significant change that has been made to it ?

Thanks
*Kunal Baweja*

Undergraduate B.E. (Hons.) Computer Science
Birla Institute Of Technology & Science, Pilani
K.K. Birla Goa Campus
+91 9049655665