Port Newer Kernel to Android Device

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Sun Feb 22 19:55:16 EST 2015

On Sun, 22 Feb 2015 13:19:40 -0500, Nicholas Krause said:
> Validis,
> That was my concern.  How much forward porting is required.

That will depend on your actual skill level.  That which is a long weekend's
work for a master kernel hacker will be several week's work for a journeyman,
a summer's project for a beginner, and impossible for a neophyte.

But I will go out on a limb and say that if you've already gotten the
patch, looked at it, and still can't make even an estimate of how long it would
take you, you're probably not going to be able to do the porting.