Basic question about namespaces

Bruno Ferreira brunoacf at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 14:39:11 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm  new in kernel programming..

I'm reading the chapter about namespaces in  the "Linux Kernel Networking"
(Rami Rosen), but I could not find a way to create a network namespace. I
understand that I should use methods like create_nsproxy(), copy_net_ns()
and create_new_namespaces(), but I don't know how to set their parameters.

For example, the method copy_net_ns(unsigned long flags, struct
user_namespace *user_ns, struct net *old_net), defined in net_namespace.h.

I know that for flags, a may use CLONE_NEWNET, but what about the other
parameters, user_ns and old_net?

There is a good documentation (with examples) about this? Unfortunately the
book wasn't detailed enough.

I appreciate any help.

--
Bruno A. C. Ferreira