External devices

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 17:12:49 EDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 9:57 PM, AYAN KUMAR HALDER <ayankumarh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Do you mean runtime suspend/resume ?
> No, I am talking about system suspend/resume (suspend to RAM, etc).
>
>> Why will the mouse wake the cpu
> Because it has been configured as a wakeup device.
>
>> from idle (cpuidle) ? Isn't it that the wakeup source will wake only
>> the specific device which was runtime suspended ? Thanks
> You are bringing too many things here.
> 1. cpuidle is a different concept.
> 2. The situation you had described above is not of runtime-suspend.
> "Movement of mouse wakes up the system"
 Hi Ayan,
Yes, I know...This is exactly the point in PM I don't understand yet...
I try to configure the linux in my board to do it all automatically
(this are actually my requirements) , i.e. using the following
mechanism: cpuidle, cpufreq, DVFS & runtime PM.
Now, the thing I don't yet understand is what the wakeup source means
in this configuration. Wakeup only for a specific device driver ?
Thanks for clarification this issue for me....
Ran