Basic Postmark Test on Btrfs code on kernel 3.17-r3

nick xerofoify at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 23:52:20 EDT 2014

I ran a basic postmark today and the results are below for the btrfs code on a Seagate Constellation drive I
have for testing. If any of the the btrfs developers read the kernel newbies list, please send me a list of
tests with docs on how to run them on this drive ,I don't care about killing it :) and also since it's an
enterprise drive, you can test enterprise tests if wanted.
Nick
Creating files...Done
Performing transactions..........Done
Deleting files...Done
Time:
	11 seconds total
	10 seconds of transactions (10000 per second)

Files:
	50516 created (4592 per second)
		Creation alone: 500 files (500 per second)
		Mixed with transactions: 50016 files (5001 per second)
	49827 read (4982 per second)
	49581 appended (4958 per second)
	50516 deleted (4592 per second)
		Deletion alone: 532 files (532 per second)
		Mixed with transactions: 49984 files (4998 per second)

Data:
	301.18 megabytes read (27.38 megabytes per second)
	304.49 megabytes written (27.68 megabytes per second)