Completely open sourced ARM board

John de la Garza john at jjdev.com
Fri May 30 12:03:27 EDT 2014

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 02:13:14PM +0530, Saurabh Jain wrote:
> Hello every one !
>
> I am learning how to customize Linux kernel to make it portable on embedded
> systems. To test my customized kernel , i want a completely open sourced
> ARM board . I listened about Raspberry pi but it's firmware "start.elf" is
> not open source. So can anybody tell me the name of the ARM board which is
> completely open sourced ? And can there exists any such board whose
> ROM/AVRAM contents can also be replaced ?

www.acmesystems.it makes boards that are supported by mainline kernel.  No
need to find any patches or some company's fork.

I choose this board for this reason...  At the time I made my purchase
the beagle board code wasn't in the mainline kernel and I didn't want
to depend on TI to provide me with new kernel code.