A new way to dive into the kernel! [Eudyptula Challenge]

Aruna Hewapathirane aruna.hewapathirane at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 12:47:01 EDT 2014

>> I'm glad to hear that this challenge is real, and someone's getting
something out of it. When the challenge first appeared I >> saw that there
was very little actual information on its web page, and when I sent an
email inquiry (somewhat testy, I admit), >> I got snarky humour in
response, leading me to believe the whole thing was probably some kind of
antisocial prank. I still >> >> don't like that the organizers are
anonymous, of unknown competence, but that's between them and those who
choose to >> take them up on the challenge. -- Arlie (Arlie Stephens
arlie at worldash.org)

Hi Arlie,

Anonymous you say ?

If you have a look at this : https://www.kernel.org/ then have a another
careful look at this: http://eudyptula-challenge.org/ do you see a
resemblance ? kernel.org is not a bunch of jerks neither are they anonymous
or anti-social exactly the opposite actually.

Unknown competence huh ? Am guessing here as well but that kind of humour
can only initiate from gregkh and as you know he is the stable kernel
maintainer and has given this a whole lot of thought... and you send out
'testy' emails what did you expect to get back ? You reap what you sow my
dear :)

Have no illusions about this it is very REAL and am betting my life's
savings this is gregkh at work so you are being mentored by ze man himself.
Though I somehow do not think he will acknowledge to this..

If you view the source at http://eudyptula-challenge.org/ you will see :

<!--
     Wait, this looks like the kernel.org theme!  You stole it, I'm going to
     sick my badgers on you!

     Relax man, the kernel.org theme is MIT licensed.  See the main.css file
     for details if you really want to know more.
-->

It really does not get any better than this, this is sincere transparency
and accountability to me but given one has to know where to look but that
is all the more fun ?

Aruna ( Unknown competence and anti-social my brown skinny ass - no offence
meant )