Query regarding ARP request on a multi-homed system

Chaitra Ramaiah linux.delve at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 00:44:49 EDT 2014

Thanks guys for your reponses. It helped.

Taking a cue from your responses, did a bit of digging from resources
and this is what it all boils down to:
1) arp_filter works well if the IPs on the interfaces belong to
differrent subnets.
2) If the IPs share the same subnet, then arp_announce and arp_ignore
does the job. Specifically arp_ignore takes 1 and arp_ignore should
take 2 for this situation.

Thanks all.

Regards,
Chaitra