Diff between various CPU masks

Vignesh Radhakrishnan vignesh1192 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 13:58:50 EDT 2014

Hi,

I was going through the boot up  code and came across the following masks .

   - CPU online mask : The number of CPU's available for getting scheduled
   on
   - CPU active mask : The number of CPU's on which some task can be
   migrated to (not very clear as to the difference between online and active)
   - CPU present mask : Total number of CPU's limited by max cpu's variable
   - CPU possible mask : Total number of possible CPU's in the system

But i am not sure if my understanding is correct and wanted to validate the
same .

Thanks,

--Vignesh

http://vigneshradhakrishnan.blogspot.com/