Booting Custom Kernel

Dipanjan Das mail.dipanjan.das at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 23:53:05 EDT 2014

Dear Arindam,

What I understand is, your system has two Ubuntu 12.04 installations side
by side. Are you using any one of those two to compile the 2.6 kernel? If
so, then executing "*sudo make install*" will copy the kernel vmlinux,
initrd and System map files to /boot directory and trigger an "*update-grub*"
to rebuild grub menu. Your new kernel should appear afterwards. May be you
are not being able to see the kernel listing because of having a ZERO
timeout in GRUB menu which is causing it to boot to the default one
directly. Make sure it is not the case.