Booting Custom Kernel

Arindam Pal palarindam1991 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 15:04:02 EDT 2014

Dear Sir,
            I am currently trying to boot a custom kernel from source.
2.6.61.32. and tried to replace the kernel of an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with
kernel 3.11.X.Y. That computer also has an another Ubuntu installation
12.04 with same kernel as that of the another Ubuntu installation.
            Now , when I boot the machine and try to boot with the 2.6
kernel, I can't do that and Grub is not even mentioning that particular
version of the kernel. If any help about this issue is possible , please
drop me a mail.

Regards,
Arindam Pal
M.Tech (CS), 1st year,