Kernelnewbies Digest, Vol 49, Issue 30

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Dec 16 00:21:06 EST 2014

On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 20:35:08 -0700, Dean Michael Ancajas said:

>   I have been waiting for 5 days now since I submitted task 03. I
> can't believe how slow this script is if all it's doing is parsing the
> results.

The problem is that although there's some scripting involved, it's not anywhere
near 100% automated - there's still a lot of human intervention needed.

(Basically, you can write a script that can tell definitely that somebody
got it totally wrong - but you can't always get a script to tell that
somebody got it right, especially for more complicated assignments.
Looking for the output of 'printk("Here is the magic string expected");'
is easy - checking a more complicated thing like screwing around with sysfs
is a bunch harder...