Writing makefiles for headers outside 'usr/include'

testlaster testlaster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 04:09:57 EDT 2014

So the initial problem I'm having is that wanting to use headers and
their libs like|module.h|and|init.d|and|pci.h|for instance can't be used
by simply going|#include <pci.h>|because if you check the
actual|pci.h|||(40 lines or so) file you will find that its allot
shorter then the usual dev|pci.h| so needless to say you can't use all
the functions. So now I have to use makefiles to point to other directories.

I've been trying to create makefiles but at the moment the errors just
rack up so much that I really don't know what part of the process is at
fault. Is it the C or the headers or the wrong libraries? I'm kind of
clueless to where the libraries might even be.

Could someone please help me write a makefile for Linux headers and
their libraries that is not in the usual|/usr/include|directory? The
source files that I want to use will be
in|usr/src/linux-headers-3.13.0.32-generic/include|. Also if they are in
the makefile how will I include them in the source?

I've been learning a lot of things in parallel and I think the curve is
starting to get to me. :/