TCP/UDP

Nick Krause xerofoify at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 13:21:43 EDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 1:13 PM, Nick Krause <xerofoify at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 12:57 PM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
>> On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 12:25:53 -0400, Nick Krause said:
>>> Hey Guys,
>>> After Searching the kernel Docs there is very little information on
>>> this for new developers. I want to know more about how
>>> the kernel code is written to handle TCP/UDP as even with Google and
>>> kernel programming books it's not good enough to
>>> learn how to write code for this particular subsystem at a high level.
>>
>> Do we need to stick a "CAUTION: NO USER SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE" sticker
>> on there before you get the hint?
>>
>> Let me quote a mail of yours from less than 24 hours ago:
>>
>>> Further more I learn really fast  in my areas of interest, after my first year
>>> of programming I was already have build my own distro of Linux from Scratch,
>>> and after my second year was learning how to program embedded bootloaders and
>>> the like.  I am not lying this is no joke
>>
>> If this is the truth, you should be having *zero* difficulty with
>> the Linux network stack.
>>
>> Anyhow, I'm not feeling like digging up any good references for you,
>> because I have zero guarantee it's worth my time.  Beagleboads apparently
>> lasted all of 36 hours - why should I dig up references fo something that
>> you probably won't be interested in by the time I finish typing the mail?
> Valdis,
> I was interested in both at the same time, just asked about Beagle-boards first.
> I aren't having any difficulty with it , I just wanted to known more about this
> area as the docs out there are terrible and not worth reading on this part of
> the networking stack.
Valdis,
In addition I generally learn 5 or 6 areas of a topic or program at
the same time so I
am just asking at different times. Just to make you and the other
developers have
an easier time I will paste my kernel interests below in a list.
Regards Nick
1. Networking
2. Usb, PCI , Networking and CPU Freq Drivers
3. Embedded Boards
4. Kernel Booting with UEFI(curiosity mostly)
5. Btrfs , F2FS ,NFS filesysems
6.  VFS
7. Process and Virtual Memory Subsystems
8. Memory Management