Problem in Compiling Wireless Adapter(9271) Driver for Cubieboard

Freeman Zhang freeman.zhang1992 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 04:41:32 EDT 2014

Hi List,

I don't know how many people in the list have played with cubieboard. It
is really fun :D
The Sad thing is that, I have a usb wireless adapter TL-WN721N(with 9271
chipset) that doesn't work
on the board. The system is Cubian Linux(derieved from Debian for the
cubieboard).

I googled around, find the driver is called "ath9k_htc". Later, I find
the driver's source code in
the kernel for Cubian. I compiled it but all I'd got is this:

In file included from include/linux/timex.h:174:0,
from include/linux/jiffies.h:8,
from include/linux/ktime.h:25,
from include/linux/timer.h:5
from include/linux/workqueue.h:8,
from include/linux/kmod.h:26
from include/linux/module.h:13
from /home/cubie/src/ath9k/htc.h:20,
from /home/cubie/src/ath9k/htc_hst.c:17:
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4.79-sun7i/arch/arm/include/asm/timex.h:15:24:
fatal error: mach/timex.h: No such file or directory

How can I deal with this error?
Does the existence of the driver's code in the kernel source means that
it has already been ported to Cubian?

You can get more information about Cubian and its kernel source in:
http://cubian.org/sources/

Thanks for your attention!
Freeman Zhang