Beagleboard and Panda Board Drivers

Dave Hylands dhylands at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 16:02:39 EDT 2014

Hi Nick,

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 7:45 PM, Nick Krause <xerofoify at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to read the code for these drivers and am not sure where
> the code for them is.
> If someone can send me the directory that would be great as I am not
> sure where the
> code is.

You're going to find that the drivers are spread out around the tree (well
mosstly in the drivers tree)

The way I would go about this is to build a kernel for the board in
question. Make sure it has all of the drivers installed.

Then go and look in your build tree. There will be a .o file for each
source file that was compiled into the kernel (or made into a module).

Then you'll know exactly which source files were actually compiled into the
kernel that you built.

Once you understand how .config files work, you can also figure out which
source files would be compiled, but you can leave that for later.

--
Dave Hylands
Shuswap, BC, Canada