Help with git

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 14:07:04 EDT 2014

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 1:37 PM, Nick Krause <xerofoify at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Numo,
> Would you mind asking Greg if he wants some help with staging clean up
> as he is very upset with me after me
> not listening and I own it to him to help help him out.
> Cheers Nick

Greg KH monitors kernelnewbies.

Keep participating here and prove yourself.

Also, staging clean-ups that are just beautification are not really
needed in staging.

Greg KH has automated scripts he could run to clean it all up in one
whack.  I assume he chooses not to let newbies have the practice.

That means every time he accepts a beautification patch he is doing
extra work for the benefit of the submitter, not for the benefit of
staging.

So at this point, don't think about beautification work.  If you want
someone to submit a patch for you, it needs to be a patch that
actually fixes a bug.

Greg

--
Greg Freemyer