Help with git

Sudip Mukherjee sudipm.mukherjee at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 22:18:40 EDT 2014

On Aug 8, 2014 7:32 AM, "Nick Krause" <xerofoify at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 10:00 PM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
> > On Thu, 07 Aug 2014 21:48:54 -0400, Nick Krause said:
> >
> >> sed: can't read /home/nick/linux-next/.git/rebase-apply/info: No such
> >> file or directory
> >
> > It usually helps if you give the actual command that you were trying to
do.

> > You didn't do this on top of a linux-next tree that you did a 'git
pull' to
> > update, did you?
> >
> No I just pulled it down and didn't do anything else, is that bad
practice and I
> should have used git fetch instead?
> Nick

can you please post the git commands that you have used to initialize the
git and how did you pulled it down and how are you syncing with linux-next
tree??
and ofcourse what command you are using to apply the patch , the folder
where the patch is and the the folder where linux-next tree and also
mention your cwd when you are trying to apply the patch.