Configure git send mail for yahoo email

Anand Moon moon.linux at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 5 00:46:24 EDT 2014

Hi Valdis,

I had the same doubt with the port number.

I got the above setting from below link which turn around to be wrong.

http://www.beautifulwork.org/2012/05/15/send-patches-using-git-from-yahoo/

-Anand Moon

On Tuesday, August 5, 2014 1:41 AM, "Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu" <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
On Mon, 04 Aug 2014 12:40:35 -0700, Anand Moon said:

> Finally I got it working using following configuration

> git config --global sendemail.smtpserverport 465

I thought the port 4100 in the original mail looked fishy.  Whatever
gave you the idea to try that?  I'd like to list the source in my
collection of wildly unreliable info sources. :)