"make install" error

Srinivas Ganji srinivasganji.kernel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 07:35:37 EDT 2013

Arun,

I guess, you need to select the xhci_hcd module in make menuconfig for
building it as a module. Here are the steps to do it.

Device Drivers  --->
[*] USB support  --->

Make sure "Support for Host-side USB" is a dynamically loadable module by
moving the cursor to that item and hitting the 'm' key.

Choose to compile the xHCI (USB 3.0) host controller driver as a module by
hitting "m".

Turn off (hit "n") on the "USB selective suspend/resume and wakeup" option,
since that isn't supported by the driver yet.

Turn on debugging for the USB subsystem by hitting "y" on "USB verbose
debug messages" and "USB announce new devices".

Also turn on the "Debugging for the xHCI host controller" option.

Finally EXIT from all the sub sections and SAVE the CONFIG file.

I hope, this helps you.

Regards,
Srinivas G