can a bottom half be scheduled by another BH ??

sujan dutta stoned.seven at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 10:57:01 EDT 2013

Yes you can, infact network subsystem softirq are reactive so it can run again.
however, reactivated softirq are not immediately process but until kernel handles the pending softirqs because it might introduce latency in user-space.
And for better performance, when pending BH grows excessively then family of kernel threads are wakes up to handle the load.