On SPI stress testing on a mini2440 board.

mind entropy mindentropy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 10:28:04 EDT 2013

Hi,

  I have a mini2440 board to which I have connected a TI MSP430 G2553
microcontroller. I am communicating via SPI from the mini2440 master
to the MSP430 microcontroller slave. I am having a problem though. I
have to put a chip select delay and hence I am waiting for 500 uS
using udelay. Sometimes the data seems to skip or cause glitches when
the load is high I think. I had connected 2 microcontrollers and it
works fine when I stress test it. In case of the mini2440 board after
quite some hours of continuous transfers I get glitches. Is udelay
consistent?

Thanks,
Gautam.