What is the best distro for starting linux kernel development?

Naman Shekhar Mishra mishra123.naman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 05:10:34 EST 2013

Hi mentors,
I have been studying the Linux kernel for some time and now I am going to
try and get my hands hands dirty with the kernel. Can you please tell me
what is the best distro for this? I have experience with Gentoo and LFS but
would they be good if I just want to get involved in  kernel development
(and not the maintenance overhead that comes with these distros)? It would
be useful for me if you could tell me the distro you use.

Thanks and regards,
Naman