Writing device drivers

Jonathan Paugh jpaugh at gmx.us
Mon Jun 17 02:53:21 EDT 2013

On 06/12/2013 09:41 AM, shampavman wrote:
>> Now i would like to know how to take it forward and start writing
>> drivers for a profession.
<snip>
> here again the same thing, Unless I have the right hardware i dont know
> what the heck works and what doesn't . Or is there another way to work
> around this limitation?

Why not look for a problem with an existing device driver you *can*
test? I can think of several annoying bugs that my laptop has had at
different times. Even if you can't make contributions right away, just
looking at the code of an interesting driver can help your skill &
understanding. Probably more so than trying to write one from scratch,
because you get the benefit of others' experience.

Regards,
Jonathan Paugh