Need help to understand system calls

Nitisha Jain nitishajain15 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 14:39:21 EDT 2013

My confusion is how to interpret this output from perf , what are
copy_user_generic_unrolled and native_safe_halt for instance ?

I have profiled iozone benchmark using other tools like gprof and callgrind
and they show me the actual functions being called by iozone as apparent
from the source code.

But what is this perf output showing me then ? Are
generic_file_buffered_write , ext4_file_write etc all system calls ?

--

Thanks and regards,

*Nitisha Jain*
9483004565