Is the Kernel Janitors project still alive?

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 13:50:12 EDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 1:26 PM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 08:33:05 -0500, Christopher Stanton said:
>
>> Is there some live version of this project somewhere or has there been a
>> replacement? A unified list of needed but non-critical clean-ups? Or, is it
>> suggested people just look at bug reports?
>
> Janitors is pretty much deceased, for several reasons:

What's the status of "The Linux Driver Project"

http://www.linuxdriverproject.org/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page

If it's still active, it has a list of devices in need of drivers to be written.

Also, I should add the Kingwin USI-2535U3 USB3 / Sata adapter I bought
a few months ago.

http://www.ramplus.com/uskiusb30tos.html

I asked about how to troubleshoot it's lack of functionality back in
Feb.  No one offered advice, so I forgot about it but I really would
like to have it usable.  Would have saved me a few minutes of
disassembling a drive enclosure just yesterday.  (I could have left
the drive in its enclosure and used the adapter to connect to my
laptop.

It's nice and small so I could carry 2 or 3 of those in my laptop bag
and be able to talk to multiple bare SATA drives with the gear in my
bag!

It's relatively cheap (less than $50 for sure).  I'll buy someone one
if they will get it working with the vanilla linux kernel.

Greg