Inline Macro issue

Saket Sinha saket.sinha89 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 07:57:23 EDT 2013

Here is the macro
https://github.com/HeisSpiter/hepunion/blob/master/fs/hepunion/hepunion.h#L393

Now this driver is at 2.6.18 kernel. I have to upgrade it to 3.8.3.
As I have said
"current" in kernel is a global macro, that always point to the "struct
task_struct * " of the currently executing task (for details on
task_struct, ref Robert Love, pg 24-27).

https://github.com/HeisSpiter/hepunion/blob/master/fs/hepunion/hepunion.h#L397

Now if you look at thse two lines-

current->fsuid = 0; \
current->fsgid = 0

Now task struct does not contain fsuid and fsgid, instead you have
struct cred containing fsuid and fsgid.
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/include/linux/cred.h#L102

So normal method is
struct cred *new1;
new1 =prepare_creds();
//make changes to any member of this structure
commit_creds(new1);

Now this above action I need to perform through a macro, in order to bring
minimal changes to the driver.

Now, I have told everything. Can someone suggest something that might work.

Regards,
Saket Sinha

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 5:07 PM, Mandeep Sandhu <mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com