System call porting

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Jul 12 02:44:23 EDT 2013

On Fri, 12 Jul 2013 11:50:42 +0530, Saket Sinha said:

> This just the importation of mkdir code from the linux kernel. Likely to be
> sys_mkdir, IIRC. Talking of which, I'd think that I must sync ALL the
> importations from the Linux kernel with mine.

Umm. Yeah.  Failure to update *all* the API calls you use is generally a
good way to make your kernel code bomb out.  Fortunately, we try very hard to
ensure that when an API is changed, it's either transparent (usually via
cpp #define wizardry) or the API is sufficiently different to change the
function signature enough to cause a compile error rather than silently failing
at runtime.