Rebuild a changed kernel quickly with make?

Srinivas Ganji srinivasganji.kernel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 03:46:53 EDT 2013

Hi Martin,

You can pass the name of the target to the make for building only the
specified files and objects. Suppose, if I changed some modifications in
storage files, then I need to do make as shown below, from the top level
directory i.e. /usr/src/<linux-kernel>/

make M=drivers/usb/storage

I hope this helps to you. I got the same problem earlier and I fixed like
this.

Thank you,

Regards,
Srinivas