[ARM-MM initialisation]free_highpages() taking more time....

sandeep kumar coolsandyforyou at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 17:06:28 EST 2013

Dear All
I am facing an issue during bootup of the android JB device.

During my analysis, i came to know that it is taking 3sec time in freeing
the high memory pages, while other devices are taking almost no time.

the code is in arch/arm/mm/init.c , free_highpages().

We have almost 1456MB of memory for HIGHMEM and during freeing all the
pages, it is taking this much time.

Now my question is,
1) free_area() function has anything to do with the hardware? Like DDR
frequency settings etc..,
2) Is this because of software problem..?

I am kind of struck here, since this part of the code is right in mm-core,
any pointers in resolving the issue is highly appreciated..

--
With regards,
Sandeep Kumar Anantapalli,