can i replace a .S file with .c file.

Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar chambilkethakur at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 09:16:38 EST 2013

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 1:57 PM, SaNtosh kuLkarni <santosh.yesoptus at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi Anuz,
>
> say if i want to replace checksum with a checksum.c considering say if i
> get a better performance , what needs to be done,
>
> Thanks

which checksum file are you talking about?

On a quick find with checksum.S I found these files:
./arch/xtensa/lib/checksum.S
./arch/sh/lib/checksum.S
./arch/m32r/lib/checksum.S
./arch/cris/arch-v32/lib/checksum.S
./arch/cris/arch-v10/lib/checksum.S
./arch/score/lib/checksum.S

and then on quick find with checksum.c, I found these fliles:
./arch/h8300/lib/checksum.c
./arch/tile/lib/checksum.c
./arch/alpha/lib/checksum.c
./arch/m68k/lib/checksum.c
./arch/hexagon/lib/checksum.c
./arch/mn10300/lib/checksum.c
./arch/parisc/lib/checksum.c
./arch/frv/lib/checksum.c
./arch/ia64/lib/checksum.c
./arch/c6x/lib/checksum.c
./lib/checksum.c

These files seems to be one of tcp/ip/upd checksum routines. if these are
the files you are trying to change, then why are you trying to change the
format? And how do you know that changing from Assembly to C will improve
the efficiency?

--
Thank you
Warm Regards