Support for kingwin USI-2535U3 (Sata to USB3 adapter)?

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 00:06:41 EST 2013

All,

This might be a project for someone to add kernel support for a low
cost piece of equipment ($20 at my local store).

==
I just bought a kingwin USI-2535U3 (USB3 to Sata adapter) and it is
not showing up on my opensuse 12.2 system at all.  I've got a 3.4.11
kernel on it.

This is the adapter: http://www.ramplus.com/uskiusb30tos.html

dmesg isn't even showing any output at all when I plug it in. lsusb is
also not showing anything different with it connected vs. not
connected.

There is a blue light on the unit showing it is getting power.

It doesn't claim linux support, but I'm finding it hard to believe
that.  How can I troubleshoot this to see what's going on.

fyi: i actually bought 2 of these, but I have only opened one in case
I need to return them for a refund.  I don't have a handy way to test
it with windows, so I'd prefer to test just with linux.

Thanks
Greg