Career in Linux Internals and Embedded Systems

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Aug 1 12:53:24 EDT 2013

On Thu, 01 Aug 2013 19:29:52 +0530, Satya Prakash Prasad said:

> If I want to pursue my career in Linux Internals / Embedded systems what
> things should I learn or be expertise in? I have plans to buy Raspberry PI.
> But I don't know what projects to practice or rather what programs to write
> to enlighten up. I mean I am totally confused of what I should proceed
> learning and development?

Step 1:  Buy a Rasberry Pi or two.

Step 2: Think of something cool you could do with it.  Cheap wireless
access point? An improved programmable thermostat for your house? Something to
run Stellarium and project it on your living room ceiling at night?
A media center to serve up all your music and video?

Step 3: Build it.

Do that a few times, you'll be good to go.