GPIO Watchdog device driver

anish singh anish198519851985 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 16:51:49 EST 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 9:03 AM, Mulyadi Santosa
<mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 10:37 PM, Andreas Schmidt
> <kernelnewbies at schmidt-andi.de> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I wrote a GPIO watchdog for a extern simple watchdog (LTC2917). It is a
>> voltage supervisor with watchdog timer functionality. Do you think
>> should I send this to maintainer? Could it be usefull for somebody else?
You can put it in staging directory if you suspect the code quality
and if someone
is looking for some kernel work they will definitely add the bells and
whistles so
that it can be mainlined.
I do think that you should just send the driver code to LKML.You will
definitely get
more responses and the right way of mainlining it.