Regarding usage of perf tools

Peter Teoh htmldeveloper at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 02:44:37 EDT 2012

Just one more point, the kernel implementation of "perf" is in
arch/x86/kernel directory (just one of them), and grepping "PERF_" in
arch/x86/kernel and arch/arm/kernel you can immediately tell the
differences in the state of art of implementation of perf in the kernel.
For the my Sony Ericsson (this is not the latest kernel though, lazy to
update), perf event is completely absent in the arch/arm/kernel directory.

--
Regards,
Peter Teoh