Regarding usage of perf tools

Peter Teoh htmldeveloper at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 02:23:54 EDT 2012

Sorry about the mistake.   Resending the answer again:

I think it is not so simple.   For example, for my Sony Ericsson, and from
here:

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/05/06/how-to-build-a-linux-kernel/

I downloaded the kernel 4.0.2.A.0.42.tar.bz2 kernel, and from the
semc_anzu_config file:

CONFIG_MMC_PERF_PROFILING=y

Other necessary configuration:

CONFIG_HAVE_PERF_EVENTS=y
CONFIG_PERF_EVENTS=y
CONFIG_PERF_COUNTERS=y

are absent and thus not compiled as "y".   Recompiling the kernel + setting
up the kernel for ARM is necessary, but the basic core perf files are
available in this version though.

--
Regards,
Peter Teoh