Data Recovery

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 03:04:44 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 13:46, Swapnil Gaikwad <swapnilgaik72 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Hp laptop with i5 Processor, 640 GB HD. My HD is Crashed due
> to damage. It does not have any partition table in it. Then how I can
> recover my data from it. Is anybody have some tool that to it? (Note :
> Recover My File software showed some files in it, But it requires
> license key.  )

No partition table? you mean you didn't create it at first place or is
it damaged now?

Anyway, check DEFT Linux (http://www.deftlinux.net/) or System Rescue
CD (http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page). They are example of Linux
system that are made for system forensics and/or system resuce.

Tips: first thing you have to do, in my opinion, is creating exact
disc image. I think dd or its variant like dclfdd
(http://dcfldd.sourceforge.net/) could serve you well.

PS: you will get better answer if you direct your further question in
forensic related mailing list :)

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa