Some help about backporting a nic module to 2.6.32 longterm

André Ferraz deferraz at terra.com.br
Wed Jan 11 16:42:04 EST 2012

> A: No.
> Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?

	Sorry about that

> Why are you using grsec?  Why has it not been updated in the many
> years since 2.6.32 was released?

	Grsec patchset brings some security features that i need in my
	servers, they are accessible for the clients via ssh and some
	of them gets hacked, they try to exploit the system and other
	things... and the project has patchet for the 3.1.8 kernel, but
	is a test branch, the stable branch is based on the 2.6.32
	longterm (http://grsecurity.net/download_stable.php)

> Just backporting a single driver, usually isn't that easy, as it
> relies on other parts of the kernel.

	Indeed , but my problem now is to understand why still patching
	my kernel with the modifications of a CentOS 6 (just bnx2x
	driver) when i boot the kernel it still show me the old release
	version, the patch is applied but looks like that i'm missing
	some based on the firmware files that CentOS has on their
	kernel, thats why i asked you guys from the mailing list if
	there is some documentation that cold help me understand this

> good luck,

	Thanks Greg