How to figure out the byteorder only with one byte number?

Sri Ram Vemulpali sri.ram.gmu06 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 20:22:21 EST 2012

Guys,

I was late to the party. But this whole  discussion throughs me off.
When you say byte order, it applied when the width of data is more
than a byte, lets say our width is 4 bytes, a typical word length.

Now how is that there will be byte order on a byte width data. Are you
talking about nibble order.

When you talk byte order -- either little endian or big endian, we are
talking how is our data should be interpreted. Depending on order we
start reading data from left or right a byte at a time.

So, I am confused on your discussions. Please clarify.

Thanks,
Sri.

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 5:32 PM, THAI NGUYEN <thai-n at rogers.com> wrote:

> Just as an FYI, way back in the early '90s, Texas Instruments came out with
> a graphics processor (I believe the TMS340x0 praphics processor) that
> actually did do the little-ending and big-endian down to the bit level.

> From: Subramaniam Appadodharana <c.a.subramaniam at gmail.com>
> To: Tao Jiang <jiangtao.jit at gmail.com>

Regards,
Sri.