invoking zcache w/o using a workload

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 00:56:11 EDT 2012

Hi...

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 3:58 AM, Asim <linkasim at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way I can trigger zcache_get/put (specifically clean cache)
> with a simple unit test (as opposed to running a workload) ? This will
> greatly reduce my test/build time.

I am a new user of zcache (due to playing with recent Mint release).

I got impression that by reducing mapped memory you have (using "mem="
kernel parameter) and putting zram/zcache into high priority swap, is
enough to quickly trigger allocation into zcache. of course, you need
memory hogger for that, something like "tail -f /dev/zero".

CMIIW if misunderstood you...

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa