invoking zcache w/o using a workload

Asim linkasim at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 16:58:37 EDT 2012

Hi,

I was playing around with zcache and fiddling with different
compression algorithms. Furthermore, I was integrating some checksum
algorithms for cleancache for my own project goals. Unfortunately, I
need to run a workload to trigger zcache.

Is there a way I can trigger zcache_get/put (specifically clean cache)
with a simple unit test (as opposed to running a workload) ? This will
greatly reduce my test/build time.

I was wondering if there is an existing unit test-suite. Or I could
write a simple kernel module to trigger put/get but I was wondering
how to go about invoking these operations. My guess is calling
cleancache_get/free using a page off (get_free_page) will not invoke
zcache.
Any suggestions will be useful.

Thanks,
Asim