regarding disable of CONFIG_DEBUG_FS

rohan puri rohan.puri15 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 02:00:03 EDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Vladimir Murzin <murzin.v at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Amit Nagal <helloin.amit at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 10:21 AM, rohan puri <rohan.puri15 at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> again .
> >>> >

> >> Ok. You can try commenting the CONFIG_DEBUG_FS from the Makefile of the
> >> relevant kernel source which your module is interacting with.
> >>

> > Well  i am doing the same for time being for my testing . but its not
> > the right way to do and can't be adopted .
> >
> > Regards
> > Amit Nagal

> Hi!
>
> It's not clear why you can't disable CONFIG_DEBUG_FS via "make
> menuconfig" or stuff like this?
> This option is located under Kernel Haking -> Debuging Filesystems.
> I've attached the diff of .config for this option.
>
> Best wishes,
> Vladimir Murzin

Hi Vladimir,

AFAIK, the reason why one cant disable debugfs from make menuconfig and
other similar ways to make changes to config file, is that debugfs is being
used by many kernel code which are in-built in the kernel and not as a
module. Hence i think because of this it is kept tightly coupled with the
kernel.

Regards,
Rohan Puri