analysis of kernel panic logs.

Dave Hylands dhylands at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 12:44:38 EDT 2011

Hi Sandeep,

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 1:37 AM, sandeep kumar <coolsandyforyou at gmail.com> wrote:
...snip...
> As our analysis for the problem goes,
> init being the critical process, when killed, platform called a system call
> to restart the kernel.
> is it correct or we missd something?

I'm not sure. What exactly do you mean by "platform"?

> I have the following questions also,
>
> 1) When we enabled that config option CONFIG_DEBUG_USER, the register dump
> we got, is of user space application, right?

Yes - that was a register dump of the init process, which is a
user-mode process.

> 2) init: unhandled page fault (11) at 0x00000000, code 0x80000007, this is
> given by the CONFIG_DEBUG_USER, any reference how to analyse the 'code'
> value?

You'd probably need to look this up in the ARM ARM. You'll need to
know the correct chip number of the ARM processor you're using, so you
can figure out which reference manual to use. The ARM ARM is either
available at arm.com, or it may be available with ARM development
tools.

--
Dave Hylands