Regarding threaded irq and normal irq

Peter Teoh htmldeveloper at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 02:51:45 EDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 8:17 AM, sandeep kumar <coolsandyforyou at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi peter,
>>>we can immediately deduced that threaded IRQ handler is
>>>sleepable/blocking-allowed, and therefore process context.
>
>>>Correct?
> Hmm..But when i tried to take a mutex lock in threaded_irq, it is throwing a
> warning message
> "BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context"... So i was wondering
> which way it is..

Were you attempting to convert your normal IRQ handler to threaded IRQ
handler?   If yes then there is a special sequence of operation needed
to code (eg):

http://lwn.net/Articles/324980/

perhaps error arising from violation of these implementation?

Being "threaded" means that the IRQ handler is executing at the thread
context, or process context.

--
Regards,
Peter Teoh