busybox utility

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Nov 22 13:52:04 EST 2011

Le Tue, 22 Nov 2011 10:11:26 -0800,
"Jeff Haran" <jharan at bytemobile.com> a écrit :

> > This question is not kernel-related, so it shouldn't be posted on
> > linux-kernel@ or kernelnewbies at .
>
> Oh, give me a break. "kernelnewbies", as in "newbie", as in don't
> know their way around yet.
>
> It's a valid point that questions like this shouldn't go to
> linux-kernel, but if newbies can't post questions to a newbies
> mailing list without fear of being chastised for it, then I don't
> what the list is for.

Sorry if my sentence felt offensive. I think the purpose of the newbies
mailing list is also for newbies to *learn* their way around, and
explaining that posting a question on the right mailing list is I think
important. I have no problem with "newbies" doing mistakes, otherwise I
wouldn't be subscribed on this list and I wouldn't reply to questions.
So, really, my statement was really for information, but I understand
that my wording might have been understood differently. Apologies if
that was the case.

Best regards,

Thomas
--