kernel optimized for core 2 and later processors Debian/Ubuntu

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 03:29:06 EDT 2011

Hi :)

On 28/03/2011, Andev <debiandev at gmail.com> wrote:
> The ck improvements are not total. BFS is not included.

Oh I see... well, BFS is nice IMO... once I use it...but somehow (not
what caused it) one of my CPU cores disappeared from kernel detection
:D

> For swappiness, the default debian kernel uses 0. So there were no
> changes there.

OK, I don't know that...thanks for letting me know. Assuming we're now
have 2GB as standar, swappiness=0 is pretty safe...

> I guess with current desktops, swapping only when memory is full is
> reasonable...
> it is one of those tunings which is up for debate... you can still
> change it through sysctl.

For sure... :) Thanks again for the comments

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant