kernel optimized for core 2 and later processors Debian/Ubuntu

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 14:32:35 EDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 00:32, Andev <debiandev at gmail.com> wrote:
> I found some kernel images optimized for core 2 and later processsors.
> There are also some interactivity related improvements in this image.
>
> I thought someone might find them useful. Comments/suggestions welcome :)
>
> http://code.google.com/p/linux-kernel-core2/

Wow, nice, thanks for sharing that info :)

I take a quick look, seems like that kernel is patched with Con
Kolivas patchset too.. which is also nice IMHO...since -ck is known to
be a desktop friendly by lowering latency and increasing
interactivity.

BTW, swappiness=0? that means, hardly swap out IIRC. It can be good
but it can be bad too IMO... during tight memory situation, it will
cause paging do a lot that neccessary. I think better to make it 10 or
20, so paging out could be started right after it hits certain
threshold.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa