Gmail complaining about authenticity of emails sent/received via kernelnewbies

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 06:59:15 EDT 2011

> Yes, I'm seeing this too. Seems like gmail introduced this particular
> feature(?) recently. The warning is technically correct, isn't it? You

Yes. Gmail seems to be doing the right thing.

> overlooked (or don't care about) the fact that mailing lists broadcast
> messages on behalf of the original sender. Or maybe something will

I think Gmail is pretty 'mailing list' aware. I have filters
specifically for mailing list (like this).

Looks like the kernelnewbies list is not adding the 'via' header to
the mails (I don't know the correct 'technical name for it :))

Maybe the list admin can throw some light on this issue?

-mandeep