Gmail complaining about authenticity of emails sent/received via kernelnewbies

Felix Varghese felixv1986 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 06:00:03 EDT 2011

On 29 June 2011 15:18, Mandeep Sandhu <mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm using gmail.com for corresponding to this mailing list.
>
> Recently I have observed that gmail has started complaining about the
> authenticity of the sender.
>
> Eg: I see this message quite often when someone replies to a kernewbies post:
>
> This message may not have been sent by: xyz at gmail.com
>
> Is anyone else seeing this too?
>
> I think mailing lists set a "via" (or some such) header in the mail to
> indicate that the mail is being sent on behalf of the original sender.
> Could that be missing?

Yes, I'm seeing this too. Seems like gmail introduced this particular
feature(?) recently. The warning is technically correct, isn't it? You
did not send this message to me - kernelnewbies did! Maybe they
overlooked (or don't care about) the fact that mailing lists broadcast
messages on behalf of the original sender. Or maybe something will
have to change in the way the kernelnewbies mailing list sends out its
messages.

Regards,
Felix.