Fw: Question about interrupts

Dave Hylands dhylands at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 13:09:03 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 3:52 AM, santhosh kumars <karuna.linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 3:56 PM, manish honap
> <manish_honap_vit at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>> Well 2.6.39 seems to have changed and the flow as I understand for interrupt
>> processing is
>> do_IRQ -> irq_enter -> handle_irq -> ...
>>
>> but in above flow i cant find local_irq_enable anywhere; is there some different
>> trick used to enable the interrupts ?
> yes in 2.6.34 i am able to find do_IRQ and handle_IRQ_event(), defined in
> kernel/irq/handler.c but with 2.6.39 its moved some where .Can any one
> please help me on this
> where this logic is moved.

You can use LXR to search for stuff (it's a fully cross referenced
index into the kernel code):
http://lxr.linux.no/linux

>From this, I searched for do_IRQ against kernel version 2.6.39 and it
appears to have been made architecture specific rather than being
generic.

Some architectures, like ARM, have an asm_do_IRQ rather than do_IRQ.

--
Dave Hylands
Shuswap, BC, Canada